Thursday, November 4, 2010

JaeHoon's first Tex-Mex Experience

The other day I decided to take my conversation partner to Fuzzy's Taco Shop. JaeHoon not only didn't know what a taco was, but he had no idea what the Tex-Mex cuisine was all about. I tried to describe it to him to the best of my ability, but I kept on saying, "You just gotta try the food."

I helped him order two Tempura shrimp tacos with everything on it and I got us a side of queso and chips. After his first bite into the taco I asked him, "Is it good?", and he replied, "Very good." My work was completed in exposing him to possibly one of the biggest cultural identities of Texas. I take my Tex-Mex very seriously and it made me proud to give JaeHoon only a sample of the wide variety of Tex-Mex.

We are already planning to watch the Utah vs. TCU game together in which there will be a lot of yelling and screaming from me and a lot of "What's going on here?" from him. I promised to teach him the rules of the game and I can't wait for him to get excited about TCU football.

God Bless Texas and Go Frogs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment