Wednesday, October 6, 2010

IEP Partner

So I have had three meetings so far with my IEP partner and I have had such an amazing experience getting to know him. Sunny, one of the other Koreans in the IEP program frequently joins our discussions to get extra practice.

For my second meeting with Jae Hoon, he and Sunny invited me to come over to Sunny's apartment and have a Korean style dinner with them. It was amazing to say the least. Sunny had prepared so many different kinds of dishes for me to have and I was so grateful for the company and the enormous feast that was on the table. I was able to find out a lot about Sunny's family and her children. Apparently she has two daughters in Southwestern Seminary and one daughter in High School as PHS right down the street. Sunny wants to learn to speak better English so that she can attend Seminary too and graduate with a degree in Christian Religious Studies.

Her husband is still in Korea and I can't believe that she is able to stay away from him for this long. Jae Hoon on the other hand is a 24 year old bachelor who enjoys going to Dallas and going to his friend's Korean bar downtown. He told me that he was there till 4 AM one night and had been at the bar since 9 PM with all of his Korean friends in the IEP program.

I have really enjoyed these meetings and am so glad to be a part of such a great program here at TCU.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robert, Thanks for all of your blog posts, which I have enjoyed reading. I thought your responses to both "Araby" and Benjamin Button" were quite good, and I really like the above post on meeting with Jae Hoon and Sunny. Two for the price of one! Thanks for all of your great work in Lit and Civ II. dw

    ReplyDelete